What is CROSSTIX?
Crosstix is a performing ensemble for kids ages 8-15. It’s purpose is to give kids in the Omaha area an opportunity to learn, rehearse, and perform with members of OSP. Crosstix operates as its own entity, performing original material written and instructed by members of OSP. Similar to OSP, Crosstix performs using recycled items as percussive instruments such as trash cans, buckets, pots/pans, and a variety of other unique items. Students will be given multiple opportunities to perform their show for friends and family in a variety of settings. As a member of Crosstix, you will truly feel like a rockstar!
Who is Crosstix for?
Enrollment is for ages 8-15. No percussion experience is necessary.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition for the 2018 season will be $200. It will be billed in 4 installments of $50, spread out over the season. The first installment will be paid during registration.
What does Tuition cover?
– All rehearsals
– 3 performances
– quality instruction by multiple members of OSP
– a custom pair of OSP drumsticks
– a members only Crosstix t-shirt
– an opportunity to be part of a group that is both fun and unique. Everyone will be treated equally. This will be an environment that promotes creativity, self confidence, and the love of music.
It’ simple, we wanted to create an environment where kids could experience the joy and benefits of music in the same way that we do. Here’s some benefits of joining the group:
– You’ll be part of something truly one of a kind!
– You’ll get to perform for family and friends
– Quality instruction by members of OSP
– An opportunity to be part of a group that’s purpose is to build character, develop musical skills, and make friends.
– get your own Crosstix performance t-shirt and custom OSP drumsticks
Crosstix will Rehearse on Saturday’s from 10am until 11:30. The season will begin with a Parent/student informational meeting April 8th, with the first rehearsal beginning April 14th. The season will conclude with its final performance on July 8th. If you believe you will miss more than two rehearsals, than Crosstix may not be a good fit for you and your child. See detailed schedule below.
April 8th – Parent informational meeting at 4pm (Life Church)
June 9th (9-10am)
June 9th – 12pm at the Omaha Summer Arts Festival
July 7th – 2:30pm OSP Summer Drum Camp guest performance
July 8th -4pm Crosstix and OSP concert